On 5 March 2013 08:26, Cliff Rosson <cliff.rosson / gmail.com> wrote:

> People are so incredibly brash on this forum sometimes. Makes for a cold
> community.  :)

Only to certain users.  I know it reflects on us poorly, but we've been
over things like "the return value of puts" before with this (or an
identical?) user.

The line:
    next puts "hi"
is already weird, without then conditionally executing it with `unless n ==
5`

The question should be: how did you get your code into this state in the
first place?  Rather than trying to understand how the interpreter handles
it.