----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Thomas" <Dave / PragmaticProgrammer.com>
To: "ruby-talk ML" <ruby-talk / ruby-lang.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2002 4:47 PM
Subject: Re: Metaclasses...

> "Hal E. Fulton" <hal9000 / hypermetrics.com> writes:
>
> > 2. Why do we create a metaclass if all classes are
> > instances of Class? Couldn't Class have been used
> > as a generic metaclass?
>
> At the risk of doing a Ron Jeffries, I'll answer with a question.
> Where would MyClass's class methods live?

Waxahachie?

No, seriously... why couldn't they live in Class?

I'm probably being dense. The simple difference between
"X is an instance of Y" and "X inherits from Y" confuses
me.

I have spent many hours staring glassy-eyed and
muttering, "Class is an object... Object is a class...
Object is an object... Class is a class..."

Hal Fulton