Hello --

On Fri, 17 May 2002, Jonathan Gillette wrote:

> I guess I'd like to think of the parameters being passed in the
> query string and in form submission as objects.  (I probably sound
> like a total Ruby snob saying that. ;D ) In most cases, this will be
> a string with metadata attached.  For example, consider looking at
> the parameters as properties of cgi.params:
>
>    p cgi.params.foo
>    #=> 'bar'
>    p cgi.params.foo['method']
>    #=> 'GET'

Requesting a couple of clarifications:

I'm not sure what you mean about thinking of them "as objects".  As
opposed to -- ?

Also, what exactly is #foo in the above?  I'm not getting where that's
coming from.

(More comments likely to follow, pending answers :-)

David

--
David Alan Black
home: dblack / candle.superlink.net