On 28.02.2013, at 09:56, "Carlo E. Prelz" <fluido / fluido.as> wrote:

> 	Subject: Re: Mac OS 10.8.2 and openssl
> 	Date: gio 28 feb 13 05:09:24 +0900
>=20
> Quoting Dr. Hegewald (hegewald / irmb.tu-bs.de):
>=20
>>> ? Also, the contents of the mkmf.log file may be useful.=20
>>=20
>> This is the openssl/mkmf.log:
>>=20
>> Ignore OpenSSL broken by Apple.
>> Please use another openssl. (e.g. using `configure =
--with-openssl-dir=3D/path/to/openssl')
>> Failed to configure openssl. It will not be installed.
>=20
> Only? If so, your ruby source must be damaged. There should be a lot =
of
> other stuff in the file.

It is from ftp://ftp.ruby-lang.org/pub/ruby/2.0/ruby-2.0.0-p0.tar.bz2 =
and ruby compiles and runs from this source (though with out openssl).

But I think I got it working eventually:

Reading the suggestions and linked discussions the the others have =
provided, I gave the --with-openssl-dir flag another chance (as it seems =
still to be used despite of the warning). Now I tried different path =
variants to point to my new openssl install. It seems so succeed when =
using the dir above the openssl bin dir. Previously I only tried the =
path to the binary and the path to its containing dir:

ls /Users/me/bin/openssl-1.0.1e-bin
bin	include	lib	ssl

cd ruby-2.0.0-p0-src
./configure --with-openssl-dir=3D/Users/me/bin/openssl-1.0.1e-bin =
--prefix=3D/Users/me/bin/ruby-2.0.0-p0-bin
make install

and now I could install gems with e.g.
gem install terminal-notifier

So I guess the openssl stuff is configured fine now.

Cheers and many thanks to all for the very useful input!

Jan Hegewald=