Subject: Re: Mac OS 10.8.2 and openssl
	Date: gio 28 feb 13 05:09:24 +0900

Quoting Dr. Hegewald (hegewald / irmb.tu-bs.de):

> > ? Also, the contents of the mkmf.log file may be useful.
>
> This is the openssl/mkmf.log:
>
> Ignore OpenSSL broken by Apple.
> Please use another openssl. (e.g. using `configure --with-openssl-dir=/path/to/openssl')
> Failed to configure openssl. It will not be installed.

Only? If so, your ruby source must be damaged. There should be a lot of
other stuff in the file.

Try to execute this short script, AFTER SETTING PKG_CONFIG_PATH as I
wrote yesterday:

--8<----8<----8<----8<----8<----8<----8<----8<----8<--
require 'mkmf'
p pkg_config('openssl')
p have_func('SSL_library_init()','openssl/ssl.h','-Werror=deprecated-declarations')
p have_header('openssl/ssl.h',nil,'-Werror=deprecated-declarations')

What is the output, and what is the entire content of the resulting
mkmf.log? (Note that my file is 50 lines long).

The point is that, after executing pkg_config, you should only access
your new copy of openssl, which should pass that test. At least this
is what happens here.

Carlo