Jeremy Kemper wrote in post #1099453:
> On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 12:09 PM, guillermo haas-thompson
> <lists / ruby-forum.com> wrote:
>> I would also appreciate some clear syntax and steps to compile Ruby 2.0
>> properly under Mac OS X, of course in my case using Homebrew and Chruby.
>> This is turning out to be much harder than I thought and from what I see
>> has been a known issue for some months.
>
> chruby works well with ruby-build.
>
> Use ruby-build to install 2.0.0-p0. It'll handle the OpenSSL setup.
>
> https://github.com/sstephenson/ruby-build#readme

I have been reading around and it looks like there were still problems
even when using ruby-build
(https://github.com/sstephenson/ruby-build/issues/305) and so it seems
like maybe I should uninstall my Homebrew openssl beforehand if I decide
to give it a whirl with ruby-build. I was hoping to be able to avoid
that and just compile from source.