Hi there,

after a week of research, I'm pretty convinced that for the project I'm
planning Ruby might be a sensible choice. Let me explain: I programmed
with Max/MSP for several years, but what I'm about to do right now goes
beyond its limits. So I'm looking for another programming language. As
I'm a musician and no programmer, I'd like to use something not too
difficult to learn, preferably with a nice IDE. First I had a look at
RealBasic, but too many users complain about it. So I'm here now.

My application is going to be a large one, and firstly I'd like it to
run on a maximum of OS (Mac / Windows / Linux / if possible also Android
/ iOS / Windows Mobile or whatever it's called these days). If my
research results are correct, there's a chance to do that with Ruby +
QT. (Is there?)

I'd also like to be able to use custom UI elements (probably this
depends more on QT or any other IDE I may choose). But the language I'll
use must offer a sound library with the specific ability of time
stretching and pitch shifting of sound files. Meaning: my program uses
sounds of a certain length and frequency that may be altered or in terms
of duration (without changing their pitch) or, on the contrary,
regarding their pitch (but not the duration).

So my question is: does this kind of library exist? As I have no idea as
to how and where to look for it, I hope someone may just tell me.

Thanks and bye!