"Mr. Sunblade" <djberge / qwest.com> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking for a way to send attachments via smtp.  I looked at
> Tmail and RubyMail, but those only seem geared towards decoding
> mime-base64, not encoding.  Perhaps I've missed something?

Both Tmail and RubyMail can create MIME e-mail.  E.g. RubyMail's
RMail::Message#add_part method can add a new part, and
RMail::Message#each iterates over each line of the message which is
what Net::SMTP needs.  Tmail has similar methods to construct an
email, but I'm not sure how to pass it off to Net::SMTP.

But despite writing RubyMail, I've never used it with Net::SMTP, so
your mileage may vary.  :-)

--
Don't send mail to Ted.Coleman / hole.lickey.com
The address is there for spammers to harvest.