Bob Hutchison wrote:

> > This doesn't look pretty to me :)
>
> I don't completely disagree with you, however, it does look much more
> reasonable with real element names.
>
> <person
>    ><name>Joe</name
>    ><address
>       ><street>123 Main St.</street
>    ></address
> ></person>

Still looks ugly to me. There's no agreement to be reached; it's about
taste (*pretty* printing).

> Well, here's a question: are you willing to give up the ability to use the
> pretty printer as a persistence mechanism?

Well, I said it can be a useful option of a pretty printer. As I wrote,
I just doubt it would be a good choice as default behaviour.

> If people are willing to give up on an accurate rendering, then why bother
> with an XML format anyway?

I had no problems with typical pretty printers; neither with reading
their output, nor with having it parsed.

Tobi