+1 for Qt

I have been using FXRuby and GTk. I switched to Qt because it's the only
framework which gives *exactly* the same look and feel on Windows and
OSX.

Once you get used to the "signal/slot" idiosyncrasy, it is quite simple
to work with. The ruby binding 'qtbindings' is transparent and the Qt
documentation is excellent. On the qtbindings' site, you can find the
ruby translation of the Qt tutorials, which helps building the
translation experience.

On Windows, Qt is packed in the binary gem. Nothing to do except a gem
install.

Shoes is wonderful for simple things, but quite limited.

_md