--Sig_/Lm8K0aLZS8niXCEI1+BmwFM

Am Tue, 12 Feb 2013 02:37:25 +0900
schrieb RKA <roshkins / gmail.com>:

> Hello Kind people in Rubyland,

Hi Rashi,

> It outputs something that has three frames at the top in his book.
> When I run rdoc myself from the command line, it outputs a folder
> with an index.html that allows a javascript search of the methods
> that are documented in the class.

The three-frames output is the old RDoc layout of RDoc prior to version
3 (I think it was this version). Modern versions of RDoc generate the
layout you=E2=80=99re seeing (and this new layout is called "Darkfish").

> I did some searching and found http://rdoc.sourceforge.net/, but that
> seems to be the three-framed rdoc mentioned in the book. Where can I
> learn about this new rdoc? I can't seem to find information anywhere
> online, and I want to be sure I'm learning the correct commands for
> it.

The RDoc sourceforge page is heavily outdated as nobody has the
credentials for it anymore. RDoc=E2=80=99s official homepage is at
http://rdoc.rubyforge.org and you can find a markup reference here:
http://rdoc.rubyforge.org/RDoc/Markup.html#label-RDoc+Markup+Reference

> Thank you very much for your time,
> Rashi