guirec c. wrote in post #1096304:
> ... I want to create an application to manage a small business.
> ... I need a simple interface.
> Nothing very complicated but I need a clean and pretty interface. I can
> build it with Swing, in Java.
>
> In this case which tool can I use? Is it better to build a local web
> application?

Hi Guirec,

  Shoes, Shoes, and Shoes...  it's dead simple, multi-platform, and uses
native widgets to look good.  Shoes4 https://github.com/shoes/shoes4 is
on the way, and uses Java and Swing (among other things) - so anything
you can do there you should be able to do with Shoes... only more in the
'ruby-way' ;)

  until Shoes4 is stable and released, you can check out the various
flavors of Shoes to see which is best for you.  red shoes
http://shoesrb.com/ is the standard bearer - carried on from _why's
amazing work.  green shoes https://github.com/ashbb/green_shoes is
another popular variety - you can install it with a gem, and then make
apps that are packaged in gems (which require green_shoes.)  if you're
familiar with java, purple https://github.com/ashbb/purple_shoes or
brown https://github.com/shoes/brown_shoes shoes might be your fit...

  Shoes4 is largely based around the efforts of brown and purple shoes,
and if you have knowledge of Java with Swing and/or Swt you might be
able to help out making Shoes even better!

  - j