I am playing around with writing some DSLs to help me get more familier
with how they work and I have a couple of questions. First here's an
example of one I am playing with (based on the classic dungeon adventure
problem)

class Adventure
  def initialize
    @rooms = Hash.new
    @current_room = nil
  end

  def room(reference, &block)
    if @rooms.has_key?(reference)
      puts "Error: Room #{reference} has already been defined"
    else
      @rooms[reference] = {:short => '', :long => '', :exits => Hash.new}
    end

    @current_room = reference

    yield block
  end

  def short(text)
    @rooms[@current_room][:short] = text
  end

  def long(text)
    @rooms[@current_room][:long] = text
  end

  def door(direction, destination, &block)
    if @rooms[@current_room][:exits].has_key?(direction)
      puts "Error: Room #{@current_room} already has an exit defined in
#{direction}"
    else
      @rooms[@current_room][:exits][direction] = {:where => destination,
:condition => block_given? ? block : true}

class Object
  def adventure(&block)
    a = Adventure.new

    a.instance_eval(&block)

adventure do
  room :cave do
    short "You are in a large cave"
    long "You are in a very large cave"
    door :west, :another_cave
    door :east, :exit do
      if player.has_item(:key)
        true
      else
        false

  room :another_cave do
    short "A cave"
    long "Oh great ... another cave"
    door :east, :cave
  end

  room :exit do
    short "Freedom"
    long "Freeeeeeeeeeedom!!!!!!"
    door :west, :cave
  end

  require 'pp'
  pp @rooms
end

Now this works just fine but a couple of things just don't seem right.
Notice the @current_room variable that is set in the room method and
referenced in short, long and door. This seems clunky - it is basically a
global variable to help tie things together. Is there some better way of
doing this? Perhaps by passing it as a parameter somehow.

Also is the yield at the bottom of the room method the right way to go or
should I be calling instance_eval or similar?

Also how do I stop, for example, the door method being called outside of
the room method? I have a solution where I set @current_room to nil after
the yield and then each method checks to see if it is set and if not it
errors. But again this seems to be quite a pain.