Hi --

On Thu, 16 May 2002, Sean Russell wrote:

> <posted & mailed>
>
> Ok, I'm trying to nail this down, so I'd like your feedback.
>
> You want:

> turned into
>
>   <a>
>     <b>B</b>
>     <c>C</c>
>   <a>
>
> This still introduces whitespace between B and C (IE, "BC" becomes "B C"),
> but I guess you're OK with that.

I think (for what it's worth, if anything) it's more exact to say that
it introduces whitespace inside the "a" element, both before and after
both the b and c elements (rather than that there is specifically a
space-character being introduced between the "B" and the "C"
themselves).  But in any case, most likely this kind of formatting or
normalizing will (or should) only be done in cases where whitespace
between elements will be ignored or normalized by the processor, so
it should be OK.

David

--
David Alan Black