Can anyone help me put this program together. It is crucial.

If anyone can help me with these it would help me out greatly because I
am deeply struggling with these and would love to finish the big program
after these are completed.

PROGRAM #1

Write a simple web server log analysis program that will read the
provided apache.log file and use a case statement to print the HTTP
method used by each web transaction in the log. Each line of the log
file is a single file transaction and has a clearly displayed HTTP verb.
Since this is a good
web server, it only accepts HEAD, GET, POST, and OPTIONS. There are
other methods like TRACE, if these are encountered 'invalid' should be
displayed. For the provided log file, your output
should look something like:
Request 1 used GET.
Request 2 used GET.
Request 3 used GET.
Request 4 used GET.
Request 5 used POST.
Request 6 used an invalid verb/method.
Request 7 used HEAD.

There is no need to write code to read the file. Use the gets method to
read from standard input
(STDIN). When running the program, use I/O redirection to redirect the
file to standard input like
this:
$ ruby inf_name_1.rb < apache.log

PROGRAM #2

A program that will print a two-column ASCII table for both lowercase
and uppercase letters
and the digits 0-9. Your output should look something like the
following:
Character   ASCII Value
A               65
B               66
C               67
D               68
[snip]

.ord may be helpful, it will convert a single-character string (or
character literal) into the ASCII value.

If anyone can solve either one of these then it would be very helpful
and I would admire you forever  =)

Thanks