> Yes, I see that "\r" whenever I try to run a Ruby script. I have no idea
> where it's coming from. I thought it might be because the Ruby script
> I'm trying to run originally came from a PC. But, my RubyMine software
> is a Mac app., so, it should be saving the file as a Mac file, not a
> Windows file.

We can see whether it's something in the file if you pass the binary file
(with the shebang) through xxd, and paste the output:

    $ xxd /path/to/your/executable

That will give us the hex codes of the characters in your file, and we can
see whether there's something dodgy in there.

Cheers

--
*Jon Cairns*
*