The following:

    /usr/bin/env ruby

should work, so it sounds like your $PATH environment variable doesn't
contain the rvm bin path. Try running:

    source "$HOME/.rvm/scripts/rvm"

That should do the trick for your current shell session, but you can add it
to your .bashrc/.bash_profile to set up the environment variable each time
you open your terminal. Hope that helps.