Google. Google. Google. Seriously, how difficult is it to type in
"Regex" into Google? I really feel like you are way over your head with
what you are trying to do, and you're using this forum/mailing list as
your personal team of programmers. I'm not normally one to speak out
like this, but I have only been here for about a month and have watched
you spam the list with constant questions about language and programming
fundamentals in general. Pick up a good book on Ruby. Pick up a good
book on programming. No, I won't recommend any (Google). If, after
reading and trying your best to figure stuff out on your own, you still
have questions, then by all means ask the list.

Joel, I commend you for your constant help with this person, but you're
basically being used as a free programmer.

-Ryan