On Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 11:43 PM, Joel Pearson <lists / ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> I decided to try and build on the Array class as I don't really
> understand Matrices yet. I've added a few handy methods. The hidden Bang
> stuff is justified, I think, as this class is intended to mimic Excel's
> layout.

> class Excel_Sheet<Array

I wouldn't do that.  With the basic types it is usually much better to
use delegation (i.e. have a member of that type) than exposing the
full API via inheritance.  The whole point of OO is to control
internal state which is usually quite difficult when exposing a
complete API of Array because anybody can insert and remove elements.

Btw. the "self." in your code are superfluous.

Kind regards

robert

http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/