You're trying to append the data you've scraped (an array) onto a string
(your filename).

The idea behind my example (of untested code) is that the array
"my_excel_output" will contain all the lines from all of you scraping.
Then after the loop is complete, you can put that code into your excel
worksheet all at once. You might need to call "my_excel_output.flatten!"
first if the arrays are nested too deep.
Your output code still needs to be run, I just didn't include it in my
answer because it would be repeating what you've already written.