On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 10:46 PM, Arup Rakshit <lists / ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> Joel Pearson wrote in post #1094830:
>> You can run IRB direct rather than typing irb into the console... What
>> are you looking for?
>

> How does so? Every I need to write "IRB" on the console.

irb is ruby's interactive mode -- it's very much a command line
interpreter (REPL*) that handles ruby code. I guess I don't quite
understand what the issue is here. What do you mean by "Every I need
to write IRB on the console" ? I'm woefully unfamiliar with the
windows environment, but if there's an irb.exe, you should just be
able to click on that from Explorer and it will launch in a box, won't
it? Or maybe from the Start menu, if that still exists?

OTOH, If you are writing your ruby code in an editor and saving it to
a file, you should be able to just call it with ruby from a cmd
window, like:

C:\mycode\> ruby.exe myprogram.rb

(*REPL : Read-Evaluate-Print Loop)