On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 9:30 PM, Arup Rakshit <lists / ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> tamouse mailing lists wrote in post #1094655:
>> I think the best course for a new project is to start simple, go with
>> sqlite, if you find you need more performance or some particular
>> feature, bump up to postgresql. mysql is pretty common, but there are
>> concerns about its future under oracle. That said, there's no shortage
>

> My concern is - Does "Sqllite3" capable of storing 30000 rows in each
> table? I will use it in my internal projects.

It might depend on how many tables, how many fields in each table, and
how much information is in each field, being used in a single
application. That said, sqlite is quite capable. Where sqlite tends to
fall down is when you have very complex relationships between tables
with many inserts/updates; and THAT said, that's where most databases
start to degrade in performance anyway, unless you're really good at
designing them AND understand how to do the SQL.