Hello,

an enumeration is a general term used to describe (in computer science
at last) a list of elements of a collectioen. An Enumerable is a
specific Ruby-core module used to
a) mark a class' instances as collections of items which can be iterated
through (though usually you won't ask ary.is_a? Enumerable but rather
check if the object you're handling responds to the methods you need)
and/or
b) to extend the collection class by a huge amount of functionality
(e.g. map, find, include? - the full list can be found in the
documentation of Enumerable).

Kind regards,
Calvin