In article <3ce15eac / news.mhogaming.com>,
Sean Russell  <ser / germane-software.com> wrote:
>Getting tired of the upgrades yet?
>
>Here's the changelog:
>
>2.3.3:
>* Added an alternate pretty printer by Thomas Sawyer; it is in the contrib/
>directory.
>* Speed optimizations; REXML is noticably faster now. In particular,
>PullParser is now just as fast as Stream parsing (10x speed increase over
>first version).
>* Fixed a bug in Element.add_namespace.
>* Fixed a problem that occurred on some systems with Entities (I /think/ it
>is fixed.)
>* Mike Stock fixed a bug in the starts_with XPath function.
>* Added, on request, methods to Element to filter children on type.
>cdatas(), instructions(), comments(), and texts() now return immutable
>arrays of only those child nodes.
>* News: Kouhei Sutou has done a Japanese translation of the REXML API docs.
>See the section in the main REXML page about the API documentation for
>links to the Japanese version. Note that the translated pages have banners;
>these are not associated with REXML in any way.
>
>The REXML homepage is:
>
>   http://www.germane-software.com/software/rexml

Sean,

Your constant improvment of REXML is an inspiration (I need to update my
modules more regularly :).  Thanks for all your hard work.  It looks to me
(I'm not an XML expert, though) that REXML is becoming a potent force in
the XML parsing world and will probably attract some new Rubyists. ;-)

Phil