On 2002.05.15, David Alan Black <dblack / candle.superlink.net> wrote:

> Personally I don't like it: it still feels to me like #to_a (on what
> at least "feels" like a string) is magically interpolating values that
> weren't there.  This makes me question in what sense it is going "to"
> an array -- or, to put it another way, "to_a" seems like the wrong
> name for what is happening here.

You're not dealing with a string.  You're dealing with a Param,
that's like a String with (essentially) an Array mixed in.

Do you always feel uncomfortable subclassing String or Array,
or is it because you feel that a Param really wants to be
something else entirely?  Not from a code-view perspective,
but from an object hierarchy perspective ...

-- Dossy