Yeah thanks Alex for all your help!

After looking at your code, it worked fine. Brought up the correct
information and also enabled me to bid on an item. However, I tried
adding an if function too look something like this:

if item == 'david'
files = {'david' => '../Ablums/david.txt'}
end

As you can see, I've changed the location of the files and also the
value from the form is also lowercase d for david.

The reason I am trying to do this is that I have 12 text files which
hold different information about music Albums, I need a function go do
something like this:

if item == form value
change files to {'david' => '../Albums/david.txt'}
else
if item == form value
change files to {'asher' => ../Albums/david.txt'}
end

(sorry for the pseudo)

So I need this function to go through 12 different item names and
depending on which one was submitted through the form it needs to open a
different file.

I keep receiving this error from my error_logs:
`initialize': can't convert nil into String (TypeError), referer:
http://localhost:10000/cgi-bin/david.cgi

on line 14 where this is occuring, the line is File.open(files[item])

So basically it seems that my function is being skipped to line 14 then
it can't find the 'files' and stops working. I know this is alot of
writing and i appreciate the help alot. If you have any idea of what is
going I would love to know :)

Adam K