Hi,

I should recommend to read  (and study) the book "Refactoring" written
by Jay Fields, Shane Harvie and Martin Fowler. It learns you how to
recognize bad smell Ruby code and helps to transform "chaotic" software
into well designed systems that are easieer to understand and to maintanin.

Regards,

Thiel