Subject: Re: Handling library versions
	Date: Thu 17 Jan 13 07:29:24PM +0900

Quoting Melanie Koller (lists / ruby-forum.com):

> As you don't mentioned anything else i assume there is nothing wrong
> with my approach in general?

Ruby has inherited from Perl the aspect of providing many many ways to
obtain the same result. Each person develops his/her
ideosyncrasies. For me, this is very true. For example, I would never
leave out the brackets from the list of parameters of a method (for
matters of readability).

What I can say is that your proposed solution is quite similar to what
I would come up with, but I guess many more options could be
invented. I suggest that, especially at the beginning, you focus on 1)
does it work?, 2) do I have to wait until next week for my results?,
3) do I understand reasonably well what is taking place?, and 4) does
the code look nice? For me, this last element is the most important ;-)

Carlo