On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 1:41 PM, Arup Rakshit <lists / ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> Now m question is does these variables keep with them any constant value
> or the values are loaded on run time?

I am not sure I understand what you are asking. The Ruby interpreter,
like any other process, inherits environment variables from the
calling process.  If it changes values of those variables those
changes are again inherited by processes started by the interpreter.

> Can you give me a small snippet by which I can understand each of the
> environment variable how works in real-time application?

What do environment variables have to do with realtime applications?
I don't see any specific different handling of environment variables
in realtime and non realtime applications.

> Anyway to show the values of those variables if they are containing
> static values?

What do you mean by "static"?  Since they are variables their values
can change - any time.

Kind regards

robert

http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/