Hi,

I understand that Ruby's regular expressions handle utf8. I'm having trouble
specifying uft8 in the pattern. I've tried /ab\x123cd/, and I've tried
encoding the value character values > 0x7F as utf8 and constructing a string
from which a regexp is compiled ("ab" << encode(0x123) << "cd" kind of
thing). Ruby tells me that the regular expression is invalid in both cases.

Is it possible to specify character codes > 0x7F in the patterns of Ruby's
regular expressions? Any suggestions are more than welcome.

Thanks,
Bob