Subject: Newbie: Web app development
	Date: Fri 11 Jan 13 12:16:42AM +0900

Quoting Carlos A. (lists / ruby-forum.com):

> I am completely new to this whole affair (programming in general) and
> was wondering whether Ruby (or Rails) is good to develop a  web
> application which interfaces with APIs?

Abut this latest part (about the APIs), it really depends on the
API. If there exists already a wrapper, or a native Ruby lib (and
there are many) that speaks the language of your API, then you could
be home almost free. If the API is only available in another language,
things may be more difficult. Specifically, if the API exists only in
C, there are very good ways to interface Ruby and C, but you will
probably have to become reasonably proficient in both languages.

Carlo