Centuries ago, Nostradamus foresaw when Chris Gehlker <gehlker / fastq.com> would write:
> I just discovered that my copy of Ruby is picky about what constitutes a
> newline, equating it to 0x0A. A little testing showed that the problem was
> that I compiled it with gcc. Had I compiled it with CodeWarrior, it would
> have interpreted cr, lf or cr-lf as a newline. So it's gcc's fault but maybe
> it's Ruby's problem.
>
> Is this a practical problem worth dealing with? Does it warrant an RCR?
>
> It's interesting, to me anyway, that gcc itself accepts any form of newline
> in source files even though the  code it generates does not.

It is unlikely that this has anything to do with GCC; GCC doesn't
control how characters are interpreted in the compiled code.

Maybe you should look into what libraries you linked with.  If GCC
links to one library, with one set of behaviour, and CodeWarrior links
to another library, _that_ would be the source of the behaviour you
are observing...
--
(concatenate 'string "cbbrowne" "@ntlug.org")
http://www.cbbrowne.com/info/finances.html