On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 12:39 PM, Sarek Mather <lists / ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> Why do I get this error?
> Am I possibly creating my TCPSockets incorrectly?
> When I have more than 10 connections going out I tend to get this error.
> Now, I can rescue the error, but that's not what I want.
> How do I code this correctly? (It's just a simple implementation)

It's almost impossible to answer your questions with as little context
as you provided.  Please provide more details.  What is your
application doing?  Where do you get timeouts?  Did you make sure
network connectivity between the two computers involved is OK?  Are
you sure there are no artificial limitations to connections that can
be opened?  What kind of software are you connecting to? ...

Kind regards

robert

http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/