Hi,

I'm looking for a neat way to generate humanized names for records
associated with a RESTful HTTP resources given the following:

1) the child records are currently uniquely id'd by dbase-generated
12-byte hexes (a la MongoDB), e.g., 50c4cee7f9034c0333000004

2) the parent resource with which the children are associated has a
humanized name, but uniqueness is not enforced across parent names
(thus, this would appear a poor choice for a simple slugging approach)

3) what I'm hoping for is a way of humanizing the 12-byte strings with
word-number combinations, such that uniqueness is maintained at least
within the context of the parent resource, something that gives me
record id's like "monique23", "larry36", "panther99", etc. In other
words, I accept that, say, 'panther99' names more than one record, but
only in different parent resources (of course, this allowance could
become a bother when the resources have the same name and intent, e.g.,
"lemonade stand").

Seems like PAAS Heroku has a strategy for something like the foregoing
to generate their wildcard DNS names.

Any thoughts here?