On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 7:35 AM,  <sto.mar / web.de> wrote:

> The GitHub Ruby Styleguide [1] states: "The and and or keywords are banned.
> It's just not worth it. Always use && and || instead".

That's what I do.  You've already been quoted the Ruby Style Guide, so
that leaves using the verbal versions for control flow.  I've tried to
get used to that, and frankly it just doesn't seem anywhere near as
clear as "if this_fails do_that".  Using and/or for control flow is a
popular idiom in Perl, but that doesn't say anything about its clarity
(at least, anything positive), which is very important to Rubyists.

-Dave

--
Dave Aronson, the T. Rex of Codosaurus LLC,
secret-cleared freelance software developer