Sean O'Dell wrote:

> Just so you know where I'm coming from: I don't even understand why
> anyone uses Java.  So, bear that in mind when taking my opinion into
> account.  =)

I use Java for much the same reason I use Ruby: faster development, fewer
points of failure, fewer language-incurred distractions, etc.  Java, for
me, is somewhere between C++ and Ruby for ease of use.

Now, I can understand why someone would use C... speed.  I just have a pain
threshold that the speed issue isn't going to force me past.  Objective C
was nice, but I just couldn't learn to like C++.  Probably the same reason
I shy away from Python, toward Ruby.

BTW, I remember the days when people were saying that you shouldn't program
in C, because compiled programs were so much slower than ASM.  Now I hear
the same thing about Java and Ruby, from the C folks.  Ironic, isn't it?

> Sean

(The other) Sean