On Thu, 03 Jan 2013 22:13:14 +0100, Wayne Brissette <wbrisett / att.net> wrote:

> Normally I would use read in the file, assign it to a variable and then use someVariable.split(" insFld(foldersTree,")
>However, in this case I want everything from the beginning of that line too. Any ideas? Maybe a different way to parse this data?

For a very simple ugly solution, you could use a regex with lookahead.

someVariable.split(/(?= insFld\(foldersTree,)/)

This would essentially split before every occurence (as the match itself would be zero-width; the contents of lookahead expression are not matched, only its "presence").

See http://www.regular-expressions.info/lookaround.html for more :)