Hi all,

We use ruby as part of our development team tools for Windows and Mac machi=
nes.  This is maintained internally in an SVN repository where the platform=
-specific files are interleaved, i.e. the bin/ directory contains both a Wi=
ndows ruby.exe and a Mac ruby executable.  This repository is packaged into=
 installers so we can deploy to our dev team ensuring that everyone has the=
 correct ruby version and gems.

New gems are installed on an administrator's machine and SVN added to the g=
ems folder (and the corresponding gemspec is added to the specifications fo=
lder).  Most of these are platform agnostic but we have a few that are Wind=
ows-only, e.g. qtbindings.

This was working fine until trying to get sqlite3 running on both PC and Ma=
c.  The PC version was installed first (gems/sqlite3-1.3.6-x86-mingw32) and=
 this worked fine.  The mingw32 version is PC only so I installed sqlite3 o=
n an OSX machine which added the new gem to gems\sqlite3-1.3.6.

This new gem conflicts with the PC version, e.g. attempting to require via =
IRB on the Mac:

irb(main):001:0> require 'sqlite3'
LoadError: cannot load such file -- sqlite3/sqlite3_native
                from /Users/aallmont/nm/buildtools/ruby/1.9.3/lib/ruby/site=
_ruby/1.9.1/rubygems/custom_require.rb:36:in `require'
                from /Users/aallmont/nm/buildtools/ruby/1.9.3/lib/ruby/site=
_ruby/1.9.1/rubygems/custom_require.rb:36:in `require'

This error goes away if I remove the gems/sqlite3-1.3.6-x86-mingw32 folder =
on the Mac.  There is a similar error on the PC which goes away if I remove=
 the gems/sqlite3-1.3.6-x86 folder, i.e. they are mutually exclusive.

I would like to only load gems/sqlite3-1.3.6-x86 when running on the Mac an=
d only load gems/sqlite3-1.3.6-x86-mingw32 when running on the PC.  Is this=
 possible?

Many thanks,
Alex