Lee V. wrote in post #1090514:
> I just uninstalled what I had and reinstalled using the steps given in
> the link you sent, but for some reason I still can't do what I'm trying
> to do.  If you have any familiarity with Windows at all, I'll try to
> explain what I'm attempting to do.  On windows, when you right click on
> the desktop or in a folder, one of the options you can click on says
> "new".  From this you can choose a new folder, word document, etc.  I'm
> trying to make the "new" menu have an option to add a new Ruby Program,
> because the Ruby Tutorial I'm reading by Chris Pine says that's the next
> step.  According to his book, the option should be under the "new" menu
> already.

I am very familiar with Windows, so I do understand right-clicking the
desktop and being presented with a menu.  As you have seen by the types
of "new" items you can create by that menu, maybe when you install SciTE
(the Scintilla Text Editor), it might add that option to the "new" menu.

Otherwise, if you already have that editor installed, it would probably
be just easier to open the editor and use its "Save as..." (assuming it
has that functionality) to save whatever Ruby file you create in SciTE
to any location you choose.

Since you know how to right-click and choose "new" on the desktop, how
about creating a folder on the Desktop called "My Ruby Files", or
something, and you can use that as you location to store files.  Just a
thought, but I think just jumping into the editor and following along
with Chris Pine's tutorial will get you going along just fine.

Have fun with Ruby, I know I am!