On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 8:56 PM, Sean Alphonse <lists / ruby-forum.com> wrote:

> Though not all certifications are considered worthless. The SCJA and the
> SCJP are pretty well respected within the Java communities. They're
> taken pretty seriously.

Well, I beg to difer. Over the many interviews for Java developers
that I've done for my company, the two people that had the SCJP in
their CV were unable to explain what the "finally" keyword means. The
first time it was shocking for me, since I thought the certificate was
indeed an indication of, at least, knowledge. The second time opened
my eyes. It was also quite weird that both failed to answer the same
question. Nowadays I don't give much credit to anything in the CV :-)

My two cents,

Jesus.