On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 5:11 PM, Matt Lawrence <matt / technoronin.com> wrote:
> I have noticed that this list has been taking on a rather nasty tone lately.

I wouldn't call it "nasty" - still the tone has degraded.  There are a
few other changes I have observed.

 - Discussions of advanced topics almost vanished these days.
 - There are a lot beginner questions.
 - There are also quite a few questions which either look like
homework or can be answered easily from documentation or testing with
IRB.
 - Matz, Nobu and other folks from Japan seem to show up much more
rarely than they used to.

Even though I still read (and reply) here pretty often I have to admit
it has become a less interesting place than it used to be.

> As a long time Ruby user and memeber of the Ruby community, I don't think
> this is a good thing.

Certainly not.

Kind regards

robert