ccos wrote:

> i use supercollider which is basically a smalltalk for music/sound
> synthesis?
> just curious how you use ruby for music, are you scripting csound?

Code, in Ruby, to generate random music as text files and a text to midi
converter written in Ruby. I then harvest the good stuff and load it
into Cubasis. Once I have completed the GA package for Ruby that I am
working on at the moment (as if I had the time) there is the CSound
Manual that I want to look into and I guess I will be scripting it from
Ruby also.

The midi compiler is in the RAA as is a package called Ruple written by
someone else (Neil I think).

Off to look at supercollider...