Thanks Sagy for the info provided...

From: Sagy Drucker [mailto:sagy.drucker / trusteer.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2012 12:58 PM
To: ruby-talk ML
Subject: Re: Unable to run the program.

There is no need to use both "require" and "include" for the class Watir.
http://ruby.about.com/b/2008/10/23/a-quick-peek-at-ruby-include-vs-require.h=
tm

Also,
Why do you define "ie" as Global Variable? (using $)
Seems to me it's not necessary and you can omit the '$'.

Last thing,
It would be better practice to use:
assert_equal("Programming Ruby" , $ie.text)
rather than
 assert($ie.contains_text("Programming Ruby") )

Sagy