ajay paswan wrote in post #1086565:
> Joel Pearson wrote in post #1086482:
>> Try closing with this instead of checking for nil first, it seems more
>> reliable:
>>
>> br.close rescue nil
> What is the diffrence?

This will attempt to close the browser even if it is nil, it just
removes the chance of the "if" statement missing something.

>> I'd also add that line before "br=Watir::Browser.new :ie", just in case
>> there's something there.
> even if something is there.. it will get overwritten..right?

If there is something there, the window might remain open, and webdriver
could open a new window while abandoning the old one.

>> When all else fails, there's always this option:
>>
>> require 'sys/proctable'
>> Sys::ProcTable.ps.each { |ps|
>> Process.kill('KILL', ps.pid) if ps.name.downcase == "iexplore.exe"
>> }
>
> How to do this for ff and chrome? I mean the equivalent code for ff and
> chrome?

Look in the task manager. Firefox is "firefox.exe"