At 11:15 12/05/2002 +0900, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>At Sun, 12 May 2002 02:42:39 +0900,
>Jean-Hugues ROBERT wrote:
> > I would prefer using slashes instead of backslashes, but apparently it
> > is XEmacs that made the other decision... I was never given the choice.
>
>Well, you mean using read-file-name?
>
>--
>Nobu Nakada

Hello Nobu.

I am uncertain about what you mean. According to what you stated in a
of \ (on Windows). I would be glad to know more about this way.

Regarding read-file-name, I have to admit that I don't know when it is
used by inf-ruby.el's ruby-load-file. I guess that it is invoked by
comint-get-source ?

In the context I am referring to (using \C-c\C-l to invoke
ruby-load-file), I most of the time simply answer "yes" because the
proposed choice is the Ruby file I want to load in the IRB run by
inf-ruby. By that time, the file-name contains \, not /

BTW: Is there a way to avoid the question about the file needing to be
saved first ? I always answer yes. I guess I am looking to bind some
ruby-save-and-load-current-file to some key sequence, so that typing
that key sequence inside some ruby-mode buffer will directly save the
buffer and load the file in IRB, without asking any question. Like:
(defun ruby-save-and-load-file (file-name)
   "Load current Ruby file into the inferior Ruby process.
    Saving it first if needed."
  (whatever-can-check-that-current-buffer-is-a-ruby-file-else-return)
  (whatever-that-will-save-the-current-buffer-if-needed)
  (comint-send-string (ruby-proc) (concat "(load '"
                                             file-name

Yours,

Jean-Hugues

Web:  http://hdl.handle.net/1030.37/1.1