I would have a search through the top google hits, and the stackoverflow
answers in particular.

If Sharepoint has a REST API, then using many of the Ruby libraries, like
RestClient or any of its contemporaries would be the way to go.

If Sharepoint only supports a SOAP interface then it is much trickier. You
will need to use the Ruby Savon library to communicate with it. IME it is
the only API mature enough, but the trickiest part will be making sense of
the SOAP specs. You should find good examples for using these libraries on
their GitHub pages, and you should also consider looking through the Ruby
Toolbox website for other REST libraries or even a dedicated Sharepoint
client.