unknown wrote in post #1085232:

> One advantage: try working with functions that depend on half a dozen
> of parameters (and need to be called with half a dozen of arguments)
> and compare with a method that can simply use the instance variables.

I am already there! It's amazing how quickly the parameters list grows.
Then I realize that I could use fewer parameters, but have to repeat
code-snippets (let's say you have parameters: x, y, z... but z is (10 *
x / y). You could pass z or just pass x and y but then you would have to
pepper the method with 10 * x / y all over the place.) What I do is pass
as few parameters as possible, and have local variables defined in the
method.

> Tip: for a nicer and more robust way to handle command line options
> have a look at the OptionParser class.

That is a built-in?

Thank you for replying Unknown!