Subject: Re: Advice for simple client/server application
	Date: Sun 18 Nov 12 07:44:15PM +0900

Quoting Panagiotis Atmatzidis (atma / convalesco.org):

> So from what I understand, druby opens a connection and keeps it
> alive until the client ends execution right?

From what I can see, Connection is closed either at end of the script
execution, or when the DRb instance is garbage-collected. There may
exist an explicit way to close a link without destroying the object,
but I have never needed such a thing. I would not keep idle links open
for long times. I'd either open a new instance each time I
need it, or maybe send keep-alive pings at regular intervals. It
really depends on the type of the application.

Carlo