Hello,

I need to write a client/server application and I'd like to some advice =
from more experienced users.=20

There will be multiple clients and one server. Every client should =
automatically identify to the server and give some details (client_id, =
date, time, etc). The identification needs to be at very basic level, =
just to avoid *strange things* from happening, since the server is going =
to listen on the internet (firewall rules will be applied, but some =
clients may have dynamic ip's, so some subnets might be able to =
connect).=20

The server will dig for data from a database, at each client's request =
will send an array (list of words) to the client. Then the server will =
receive a hash with detailed info from the client about the each element =
of the array and will dump the results into the database. These arrays =
will be formed only when requested by clients. The server will make sure =
clients don't get the same arrays and make a check to the given results =
and that's about it.

It's a fairly simple application. I was thinking of using sinatra + =
routes, to create the list in 'txt' format to the client but I'm not =
sure how to send the results back to the sinatra server yet.

So I'd like to ask more advanced users if there's any protocol, gem =
and/or framework that would make this task easier since I've never done =
anything similar before. I know there's a variety of protocols which can =
be used. I'd like to keep things simple & clean as much as possible.

Thanks for your time

Panagiotis (atmosx) Atmatzidis

email:	atma / convalesco.org
URL:	http://www.convalesco.org
GnuPG ID: 0xE736C6A0
gpg --keyserver x-hkp://pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 0xE736C6A0
--
The wise man said: "Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to =
their level and beat you with experience."