The GLI gem is used for generating command suite CLI apps (like Git, RVM
etc.)

It has a scaffold generator that will automatically create a gemspec,
gemfile, test and feature files, and will properly chmod the /bin file
ready for inclusion in your path.

It might be something that you are looking for.

--
http://richardconroy.blogspot.com | http://twitter.com/RichardConroy